DMC Original Training Fins Sizing & Features
DMC ORIGINAL TRAINING FINS
What makes these short fins the world’s best training fins are their unique innovative patented features. They produce even thrust in both directions of kick. The PATENTED V channel edge creates a 'grip' on the water, maximizes kick drill results and emphasizes development of neuromuscular memory. The centre of effort remains at the foot ensuring the dynamic of the kick is not changed during training. Great value for a technical product and these training fins are built to last.
DMC Original Training Fins come in 9 sizes: 5XS through to XL
For some years fitness and competitive swimmers were using long fins as training aids and because of this the center of effort is forward of the foot, thus causing early fatigue or cramping and encourage a "pedaling" kicking motion, different than that used in a flutter kick.
The concept of the shorter bladed fin was conceived to bring the center of effort back to the foot, and increase leg strength and "muscle memory" while maintaining an elevated heart rate with a kicking motion specific to the flutter kick. (Many of the training fins in use today are simply a standard dive fin that has been cut off, leaving a stiff, inflexible blade).
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- The V channel edge and greater blade width add back the surface area and resistance lost in shortening the fin, while keeping the center of effort close to the foot.
- The silicone composition is of the highest quality material and is soft, flexible, and comfortable.
- The colours are permanent and will not mark decks or pool surfaces.
- The patented V channel provides even thrust in both directions.
- The V channel creates a noticeable "grip" on the water maximizing kick drills results.
- The full-foot pocket design allows minimal protrusion of the toes.
- Universal foot cavity fits either foot.
All feet are different, so fitting a foot into a fixed shape foot cavity of moulded flexible material is an inexact science. That makes it very hard for us to tell you exactly what size you will need without you trying it on.
We have tried to give you enough information to guide you to make an informed decision on the best size for your feet.
Our fin sizes are pretty close to shoe sizes but our different models have slight variations in their unique foot cavity – universal, or specific left & right.
Rule 1: Check Length - Measure heal-to-toe of your foot to see that it would fit into the foot cavity.
Rule 2: Check your regular shoe size, e.g., US Mens, US Womens, and Euro to see if it is close to your shoe size.
Rule 3: Ask yourself if you like your fins to fit snug, or not. Allow +/- 3-5mm in length for your ideal comfort.
TIP: If you’re still not sure, then order 2 pairs, which will get you over the free shipping limit, and then return the pair that doesn’t fit, for a refund on the cost of the returned item.
Please refer to our model sizing charts below as a guide.